Welcome to Rails Jedi Business Marketing
The small to medium business world is a minefield when it comes to surviving the first 5 years.
We all know the stats on this so we won't focus on the negative. What's the difference between a startup that makes it and one that doesn't? Sometimes it's hard to tell on the surface, even if you dig a bit deeper it can be hard to pinpoint exactly due to the lack of metrics a startup usually implements.
Some of the things we've found common in startups that are successful are:
- Low cost marketing strategies to get the business out to the target audience.
- A single person / owner driving the growth and maintaining control of the key decisions.
- Re-investing early profits into business growth.
- Keeping expenses low as the revenue increases.
- Building a team of trusted staff for the long term.
- A large focus on systems within the business and improving them on a regular basis.
Digital Marketing lessons from Dom Burch on #marketing #innovation @ASDA